Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Terrorist Attacks: is everyone here okay?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ntu150's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    After Terry's depiction of the plane crash in SiP, I find it very hard to distance myself emotionally from this tragedy even though I live so far away. I can't help but think of the people who lost their lives and the relatives. I can picture the horror, the anxiety, the pain and the extreme sadness.

    Considering I've seen so many horrific scenes in comics, this catastrophe STILL is horrific to me, even if it were fictional, and it's not.

    My prayers to all those affected. Hope no one here was.

    Jamie

    ------------------
    Learn the secret to financial independence at
    http://www.secrets2success.com/special178120

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    The effects of this will be felt for a very long time. Houston is in a mild state of chaos right now (and I thought the flodds in June were the worst thing), lots of places closing down (all tall buildings especially), etc.

    My heart goes out to people.

    *hug*

    ------------------
    May we all remember how small the world really is.
    September 11, 2001

  3. #3
    Inactive Member happybunny2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2000
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I cannot put into words my feelings of pain,as I see these images on my TV.My heart goes out to all those effected,may God stand by them in their hour of need

    ------------------
    It's simple tips like these
    That keep you safe from injuries
    The surgeon general should do his part:
    Warning, beware, be careful - Fragile Heart

    Words By Jewel(EDA)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Anaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dad was supposed to fly to NY but didn't... the horror is almost beyond comprehension. I was blissfully taking a shower and getting ready for class when my gf called me from work to tell me. I was just shocked at first and then when I saw the second tower fall I just started crying and couldn't stop... I don't know how many of you are Pagan or Wiccan, but in the Tarot cards the card that stand for 'ultimate disaster' is a burning Tower will terrified people leaping from it. It just really hit me, when I saw that... and heard stories of people jumping out of the collapsing building... still crying...


    ------------------

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    The only poster I know of in NY is Yazi and she is ok.

    ------------------
    - "This is a dream." "No, not a dream. A Nightmare. And if sometimes dreams come ture, what of our nightmares?" (Sheridan and Galen)
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - Forgiveness doesn't come with a debt. (Mary Chapin Carpenter - I Take My Chances)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I'd like to urge everyone to give blood. It will be much needed.

    And billet those stranded at airports. they have nowhere to stay.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Does anyone live in New York? Was anyone travelling?

    ------------------
    "Be excellent to each other." -Bill & Ted
    "Do we need to have the "fantasy/reality" discussion again?" - eris
    Feminist Rants

    "Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd be called up when the rage in me subsides." - Sarah McLachlan w/ Delerium

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Smiles238's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I work in near the Pentagon... it was strange because in dc we hear planes all of the time. Low flying helicopters usually shake the buildings here when they zip by. Yesterday everyone in the office felt something different. It was erie how quite everything was before we heard the explosion. The security guard called up to our floor and told us to evacuate the building. We were not allowed to use our vehicles at the time. We were all pretty quiet walking towards the metro stations. The air was thick with this smell that I can't describe... I came home and took a shower and still I couldn't get rid of that scent. I had tons of messages from close relatives, and even more surprising were the messages I got from people I'm not on good terms with. It's nice to know that when it comes down to it people still care. I went to the red cross to give blood but they were over-run with donors. Which is good! So I was told to come back thursday morning. I decided that I was not going in to work today. The one thing that freaks me out the most was that what if there were chemical or biological weapons aboard. The devastion would be far greater. It's scary to get a good look at what other countries(Isreal & Palestine) deal with on a weekly basis.
    I know that there were day care centers in the trade towers and in the pentagon, and I still havent heard if the children got out ok. Anyone here know??

    ------------------

  9. #9
    GeminiCancer
    Guest GeminiCancer's Avatar

    Post

    Anaka,
    I had not thought about the tarot cards, but you are right; that card is eerily appropriate to this situation, in symbolism and meaning.

    Here in Birmingham AL, there was a 3 hour wait to give blood at the Red Cross yesterday. Amanda (my girlfriend) and I will be giving blood, probably on this weekend. As awful as this situation is, it is heartening to see how people in America have rallied around this situation, as well as the support from other countries. I hope that everyone here, your families, and your relations are safe.

    ------------------
    "They mostly come out at night. Mostly." --Newt, Aliens

    "I can crack all your ribs, but I can't break your heart." --Jill Sobule

    "Take it easy, but take it." --Woody Guthrie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Al Nickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey gang,

    I've posted this message elsewhere, but I'd like to add it to this thread, too.

    Living right across from Manhattan, I used to be able to view the World Trade Center from my bay window. It was quite a site having those two huge monoliths standing so close you could touch them.

    I heard the explosion as the first plane struck the World Trade Center. A friend of mine called, and we watched the news as the second plane crashed into the second tower. We quickly took a walk down to the Hudson River to see the World Trade Center engulfed in flames.

    Now, I look out my window to see only a billowing cloud of smoke. This whole experience is so unbelievable. It?s touched everyone in so many ways.

    Best,
    Al Nickerson http://www.arggh.com

    ------------------

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •